Patch 3.7 is live!
Update your game, boys and girls. Patch 3.7 is live and we have a working party and mission sharing system in place!
September update, 28-09-2019
With patch 3.6.2 running on the live servers and the first Evocati 3.7 patches on the PTU servers, OBEC is back in business. Some OBEC members and affiliates own a 890 Jump and in the past weeks we have been flying or been a guest aboard these giant space yachts. The 890 is something special, you will have to see it with your own eyes. In 3.7 ‘hovering’ will improve and caves will be implemented to explore. Check the video’s.
On request of our North-American members we moved our weekly Game Nights to Saturday. Time: 11:30 AM PST, 2:30 PM EST and 8:30 PM CET (if our calculations are correct and summer/winter time will mess this up). This is a good move, more members and affiliates can join now and it is a lot of fun to have a large group having fun together.
State Of The Game, 04-08-2019
Yes, we are in the middle of the summer holidays. And yes, SC patches 3.5 and 3.6 are not the game boosters we hoped for. So yes, it is normal -unfortunately- that activity is low. And yes, it is normal people are not happy. To be honest, I’m not happy either.
For the people that have not touched the game for a while (and there are many around) an update.
- Live servers: 3.6
- PTU servers: 3.6.1
- CIG introduced ‘hover-mode’ and hopefully regrets it ever since
- 890 Jump not finished yet, only 151/199 tasks completed so far
- CIG introduced a 150 euro priced self-propelled ground air defense system in 3.6.1
- CIG created a variety of different looking space stations
- Large asteroid fields now contain minable rocks
- Interdiction by military forces and pirates. Crime stats is becoming a real thing
OBEC’s summer verdict (based upon 5 weeks of testing):
- If you have not tried 3.5 and 3.6 you are in for a nasty surprise. The flight model and handling of ships changed a lot.
- 3.5 changed the flight model, 3.6 introduced hover mode
- Why hover-mode? Well, thrusters work in space and low-gravity situations to control and maneuver your ship. VTOL or Hover mode is intended to handle the ship in gravity situations. Hover mode changed everything! It requires a different way of maneuvering your ship and the learning curve is very, very steep. When hover mode kicks in (automatically) your ships act like a VTOL (helicopter). The active crew is still learning to control it while CIG tries to solve (transition) bugs
- There is no explanation why the 890 Jump is late. The question pops up why they wanted to release it in the first place because there is not much use for it. 890 Jump becomes interesting the moment NPC’s and players require a inter-system transit by liners.
- On that bombshell the Ballista is pushed to the players. 150 euro. It is available in the open PTU 3.6.1 but far from finished. We also question the use of it. Running some tests show it might do damage to lighter ships, but it cannot take out a Vanguard. It is big, sluggish and the design is questionable.
- Since 3.5 there are many, many, many bugs. Some bugs seem to be inherited from 3.3 and 3.4. Especially in 3.6.1. Like more people spawning in the same Hab, wheels not rotating in ground vehicles and so on.
- But the winner is the poorly implemented hover mode turning landings on moons and mining on moons into a dreadful experience instead of having fun
Friday Saturday around 20:30 CET OBEC members are in TeamSpeak and in game to help you out. For now, … let’s see how 3.6.1 turns out after the debugging. The first real upgrade will be 3.8 with Microtech and 3.9 with Crusader. Yeah … 2019 is not the best year for SC and OBEC activity. We will need to live with that.